Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine

Go down 
+2
withasound
Biohazed
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Biohazed

Biohazed

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-09-24

"Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine Empty
PostSubject: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptySat Oct 06, 2007 1:05 am

Me 'n Mashedpotato finally found a good sized report on Bif and Ian's wedding. TV Week is a magazine that Ian writes in. Stay tuned for possible scanned photos and/or typed report. In the meantime: http://www.tvweekonline.ca/tvweekmagazine .
Cheers.
Bio
Back to top Go down
withasound

withasound

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptySun Oct 07, 2007 11:35 pm

i am totally excited for this possible scanning of things!

me, excited ---> bounce
Back to top Go down
Angelcakez
Admin
Admin
Angelcakez

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-09-22

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyFri Oct 12, 2007 11:07 am

Oui Bien!
Back to top Go down
https://bifnaked.forumotion.com
Betty

Betty

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptySat Oct 13, 2007 7:04 pm

v. nice
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/betty_blinx
Mashedpotato
Mashedpotato

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-09-23

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 1:28 pm

Silvio will never remember to scan it so what I'm gonna do is type out the article myself.

Following a whirlwind romance, Vancouver rocker Bif Naked ties the knot with TV week's own Ian Walker

Persistance pays off. That's the lesson to be gleaned from the nuptials of punk princess Bif Naked and local sports scribe Ian Walker, who tied the knot in a traditional, 30-minute ceremony on September 29 at St. Andrew's Wesley United Church in downtown Vancouver.

After meeting at a gym, the buff TV Week columnist and Vancouver Sun sportswriter waged a treless, months-long campaign to date the diminuitive Vancouver singer, who's known for such chart-topping hits as "Daddy's Getting Married" and "Spaceman." But she kept turning him down.
"I hadn't dated anyone in about two years, nor was I intending to date anyone ever again. I didn't have time." declares Naked, a.k.a Beth Hopkins, in a pre-wedding chat. "{And} I was not particularly interested in a boy who did bench presses with boardies and flip-flops on. It was the last think I could have ever envisioned myself building a friendship with, never mind dating."

But as the two stood at the altar on that drizzly September day at precisely 3.33 pm., hands clasped, wiping away tears and exchanging traditional vows before 120 family and friends, they could hardly have looked more different. According to the fresh-scrubbed Nova Scotia-bred boy, 34, who wore black tie and tails, and the New Delhi-born punk rocker, 38, whose sleeveless ivory gown exposed a patchwork of tattoos, appearances can be deceiving.

"We are very different people, but the same." insists Walker. "Her parents are United Methodist missionaries and mine are Salvation Army ministers, so I think we have the same moral grounding."
Naked's mother, who served as maid of honour, concurs. After meeting Walker for the first time, she'd clutched her daughter's hand and said, "You two are the same person."

Even so, these two kindred spirits might never have united if not for Walker's dogged determination. The singer had rebuffed three previous invitations for a date, but finally relented, at the prodding of her manager, to accepts Walker's offer to see a performance of Aladdin, starring former wrestler Bret "The Hitman" Hart, at Quwwn Elizabeth Theatre last November.

" I had dressed very event-appropriate in dress pants and a blouse." she recalls, "So Ian Craig Walker pulls up in this low-to-the-ground BMW thumping with hip-hop, gets out of the car and basically says, 'Yo, B, what's up?' I remember standing there holding my little Fendi clutch and going, 'What have I got myself into?'"

It got worse. Before the show, Walker ordered a double vodka to quell his first-date nerves. "That was a red flag for me." Naked says. "I thought, 'I will not be going out with this guy again.'" She very pointedly ordered a glass of water. Walker, on the other hand, ordered another double vodka.

Then, miraculously, something changed. It could have been the way the sportswriter bounced up and down in his seat like a hyper kid, the way he kept elbowing his date excitedly or the way he flashed her a boyish grin after putting on his reading glasses -- but "I looked at him and it hit me," recalls Naked. "It hit me. It had to do with the emotion of Ian being so naturally himself. He was just a little infectious ray of sunshine. It basically makes me verklempt event to tell the story."

After their inaugural date, Naked left for Europe on a month-long tour. And while she liked Walker more than she'd initially expected, she still didn't anticipate they'd end up an item. "It's not that I was so hell-bent on finding a good Hindu husband. It's just that I never envisioned myself with a Kitsilano surfer boy who had never had curry and did not know who Shiva was."

Fate intervened last December when the two crossed paths at a Bodog Fight that Naked was emceeing. "I saw Ian in the press kit and he waved at me, and I basically forgot myself in the middle of the ring and waved back like a 10-year-old, much to the consternation of my management," she remembers. During the break, she offered him a candy. As Walker tells it: "Here's Bif Naked, wearing a miniskirt, giving me a candy. I thought I was the coolest guy in the world."

Shortly after, the two took a weekend trip to Whistler, where Walker, very properly, had booked seperate hotel rooms. There, he discovered that Naked routinely sleeps on the floor to snuggle with her two pampered pooches, one of whom has severe spinal problems. As Naked recalls: "Ian didn't bat an eye. He never made me feel like a crazy person." After the trip, Walker immediately moved into the singer's downtown condo, which she'd previously allowed him to set foot into only once. The reason for the sudden co-habitation? "It was my cooking," she says. He has a different answer, "It was her naked." Sherolls her eyes in mock exasperation.

This past spring, Walker proposed to the sultry songstress before a group of close friends at Il Giardino restaruant on Hornby. "The maitre'd comes over with a very big dinner plate and on it was a little blue Tiffany's box and it sat right in front of me," says Naked. "Then Ian got down on one knee, and the first thing out of my mouth was, 'Feck off!' I was like, 'This is not happening!'" Walker chuckes at the memory, then plants a gentle kiss on his beloved's heavily inked upper arm.

The kissing is still very much in evidence at the couple's Indian-inspired wedding reception at the elegant Marya restaurant on West Broadway, where Bif and Buff, as they're jokingly called, muched Hindustani food to a backdrop of bhangra music. Indeed, it seems the twosome is coosome on almost everything -- expect the honeymoon. Unable to agree on a destination, Naked says, "I'm like, fine, you know what, you Kitsilano jock, I'll take you to Disneyland." They finally settled, she states, on Puerto Vallarta. "I thought it was Playa del Carmen." he counters, before adding wryly. "We're still debating."

That aside, as September 29 came to a close and the duo bedded down, it wouldn't be hard to guess the content of the evening's pillow talk. "Before we go to sleep," Walker reveals, "We always say, 'Thank you for today.'" And after a wedding as special as theirs, there'd be no more appropriate time to say it.
Back to top Go down
Angelcakez
Admin
Admin
Angelcakez

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyTue Oct 23, 2007 2:01 pm

awww I now need a tissue its just so damn cute!
Back to top Go down
Mashedpotato
Mashedpotato

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyWed Oct 24, 2007 7:44 am

Inorite!??

I made a little picture of Biffy yesterday. I will scan and put up here when it's finished!
Back to top Go down
Angelcakez
Admin
Admin
Angelcakez

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyFri Nov 09, 2007 1:56 pm

share then.... lol
Back to top Go down
Mashedpotato
Mashedpotato

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptySun Nov 11, 2007 5:15 pm

yeah.. i dunno where my scanner is actually.
Back to top Go down
Angelcakez
Admin
Admin
Angelcakez

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyWed Nov 14, 2007 12:17 pm

*Blames Ross* he hid it geek
Back to top Go down
Betty

Betty

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-09-29

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyTue Jan 01, 2008 7:33 pm

Hehehehehe
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/betty_blinx
Zahrim

Zahrim

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 5:58 am

"Here's Bif Naked, wearing a miniskirt, giving me a candy. I thought I was the coolest guy in the world."

I hate him. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/zahrim_uk
Mashedpotato
Mashedpotato

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 3:33 pm

Jealous much?

Hey I got to touch Bif's boob once. Actually, it was an accident. I was rockin the devil horns with my hands in the air and she leaned over and "poke".

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Zahrim

Zahrim

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Mashedpotato wrote:
Hey I got to touch Bif's boob once.

Lol! You're my new hero!! *worships*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/zahrim_uk
Angelcakez
Admin
Admin
Angelcakez

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 10:24 am

I had the privalage to actually meet Bif and she put her arm round me for the photo.. I was like a cat who got the cream! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine   "Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine Empty

Back to top Go down

"Bif The Bride" on the cover of TV Week Magazine
Page 1 of 1